Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday/Friday, 03/04 September, 2015

ESSENTIAL QUESTION: What are things made of and how do they change?

RELEVANCE: How am I ever going to use this information in my real life?


NGSSS: SC.912.N.1.1

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:  Students will be able to:
-Explain why knowledge of chemistry is central to other scientific endeavors.
-Describe different areas of chemistry.

BELL RINGER- Watch the video 5 branches of chemistry and complete the table in the handout. (see dropbox studying the five types of chemistry music video)

VOCABULARY: matter, chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry

HOME LEARNING: HL 2 - complete safety handout

AGENDA
WHOLE GROUP

I realize that we are a bit behind, due to fire drills and school conferences, but we FINALLY completed our notebooks! Any student who has not completed their interactive notebook should arrange a time with me separately to work on getting it in order.

On page 9, set up a Cornell notes page. This will introduce the topic. You will then view a short video explaining the five types of chemistry. Watch the video and complete the first sheet you see below based on that video.

For some reason, this site will not let me upload the video here. I will try to find an alternative site for you to view the video. I will let you know when/where that can be done.

Your home learning is to complete the safety handout, which I will make a copy of and return to you for your notebook.

You can find the handouts associated with this lesson below. Remember, the answer sheet for the safety activity is to be given to me next class so I can make a copy and return the original to you!

Complete this as we view the video.


This is HL 2. Complete and give to me. I will make a copy and return the original to you.